Wednesday, November 15, 2006

(Wo)Man and Machine

Dear Green Volvo,

Today you reached 111,000 miles, most of which we have done together. When we're sitting together in traffic, like the the two old friends we are, do you ever think about all the places we've gone together? What are your favorites? I know you probably didn't like those dirt, pitted roads in Montana that much. There was awhile back in Ohio when you were really sick. The AAA mechanics were coming out at least once a week to see you and they all diagnosed you with different problems. No one knew what was wrong and your condition got worse. That was hard. But I always told you that you were the little green volvo that could.

Where do you think you would want to go next? I though maybe our next big trip could be up to British Columbia or Alaska. We always have a good time in wild coutry together. People will totally get a kick out of us because we're from NJ. How many times do you think people have commented on our license plates? By the way, I've always wondered what you would want written on them if you could choose something.

I can't wait until the day when there is three of us: you, me, and the dog. We will be such an inseparable trio. I think you will like having two companions who walk up towards you and like nothing better than contemplating their freedom.

Much love,

D. Wex

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've put on like 20,000 miles, or more, since I've known you. Where do you go?

There is nothing like the love between a woman and her car.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home